“The right training and experience make a candidate qualified. The right personality makes them excel.”
Imagine your grandmother or grandfather came into your care. Their care needs have increased over the years and it has come to the point they cannot manage daily tasks by themselves. What would you have to do to manage their care? What would you do to make sure they maintain a quality of life?
Our mission is to empower seniors to fully enjoy their Golden Years. We believe, language, gender identity, culture or financials should not be a barrier to access quality services. This vision for life-changing quality care is made a reality through the work of our dedicated support workers as they seek to meet the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of all who choose Umbrella Inc. Working at Umbrella Inc. offers challenging work, flexible hours, the possibility to combine work with study, lots of variety and most importantly the opportunity to change someone’s life.
Working at Umbrella Inc. is more than just a job – it means to belong to a caring and fun multicultural family.
Umbrella provides services to seniors to assist them to remain living independently in their homes. Our services focus on the individual needs of the culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBTI+ communities.
A part time opportunity has become available within the Community Aged Care Services team for a Community Occupational Therapist working 3 days per week starting in July 2021.
The role provides extensive support to Umbrella clients and staff, and allows flexibility in planning your own day, including office days, working from home, and attending appointments including time on the road.
Salary: $35.98 – $40.92 per hour
This position is responsible for the delivery and coordination of Occupational Therapy services to achieve improved activities to optimise independence and quality of life for clients.
This position undertakes home-based assessments and provides appropriate recommendations, interventions, and evaluations. The position is responsible for fee for service and Home Care Package (HCP) clients.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Current full Occupational Therapy Board registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Previous experience in working with aged care clients in the community
- Ability to prescribe and arrange delivery of specialised equipment
- Demonstrated ability to manage workloads and meet deadlines
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards
- Current Australian driver’s license and reliable car
- Preparedness to work within Umbrella’s Philosophy, Values and Mission
- Demonstrated ethical standards and values
- Experience in working in the community aged care sector
- Knowledge of diversity, access and equity issues for CaLD and LGBTI seniors
This is an opportunity for an individual to make a significant contribution to Umbrella’s growth.
Attached is the Position Description outlining the responsibilities and position requirements for your information.
For any enquiries about the position, contact, Esmeralda Hope, Senior Coordinator, Home Care Packages, Aged Care Services on (08) 9275 4411.
How to apply
Please provide your current CV or resume, information addressing the Selection Criteria (found in the Position Description) and complete an Umbrella Employment Application Form and email these to email@example.com addressed to our Human Resources Manager, Cathy Sullivan.
Closing date applications must be submitted by COB Friday 25 June 2021
Casual Home Support Workers
The position of Support Worker may involve a variety of duties depending on which service/s the client requires including domestic assistance or personal care duties, individual support such as shopping, respite or transport.
To be successful in this position, you will need to:
- Have a genuine interest in working with ageing clients from culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBT backgrounds;
- Be able to work independently in clients’ homes;
- Possess good written and oral communication skills;
- Hold a current driver’s licence and have access to reliable transport;
- Be physically fit to undertake the position duties;
- Speak language/s other than English (Polish, Italian, Russian, Macedonian, Former Yugoslavian are highly desirable);
- Hold a relevant aged care qualification (desirable); and
- Obtain a current national police clearance.
Umbrella currently have Polish speaking clients who need immediate assistance, so workers who speak Polish will be given a priority.
For more details download the Position Description here: PD Support Workers
To apply for this position with us, please complete an Umbrella Employment Application Form and email it and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Casual Social Support Worker/Driver
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our growing organisation in Belmont with an immediate need for a casual Social Support Worker/Driver to work at least 2 days per week each week (negotiable) for the next 3 months initially, with a possibility of extension.
Our immediate need is for a suitable person who has basic computer skills and the ability to speak a language from:
- Former Yugoslav
Salary: $26.69 per hour
What’s in it for you?
- Immediate start
- Salary sacrificing
The position of Support Worker may involve a variety of duties depending on which service/s the client requires. The current opportunity is for a social support activities worker and driver. This will involve engaging and supporting the client in their day to day social support activities; and transporting clients safely to and from Umbrella premises and other specified locations. The position descriptions attached provide more information on the responsibilities and duties of the role.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Genuine interest in working with ageing clients from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) backgrounds and LGBTI backgrounds
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently
- Ability to work with clients in a group setting or individually
- Prepared to learn about the Aged Care Quality Standards and Umbrella’s policies and procedures
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Current National Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- LR licence and clean driving record with no pending penalties
- A qualification in Certificate III in Aged Care or Community Care
This is an opportunity for an individual to make a significant contribution to our organisation’s growth and to work in a dynamic, diverse community-based organisation.
For any enquiries about the position, contact the Robert Wilhelm, Senior Manager Social Support Programs & Transport on (08) 9275 4411.
How to apply
Applications addressing the Selection Criteria, current resume and our Umbrella Employment Application Form must be submitted to email@example.com and addressed to our Human Resources Manager, Cathy Sullivan.
Do you have a spare 4 hours?
We are looking for people who speak any of these languages below to share important information with older community members from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We are holding multilingual webinars and seminars to talk about the aged care system’s ins and outs in English and other languages. Help your community in WA and around Australia and gain valuable experiences… in just 4 hours!
Do you speak any of these languages?
A couple of hours of your time
Learn about a new industry
Receive a certificate of appreciation
And who knows, you might become famous in your community!
If you can help, please contact Vinny Fernandez on 9275 4411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer for the Community Visitors Scheme Program
Practice a language and change someone’s life for the better
We are looking for linguistically diverse volunteers!
There are many elderly individuals from ethnically, LGBTI+ or gender diverse backgrounds who find themselves isolated in the community. As a volunteer, you can change their life by providing them with companionship and assistance. Our unique Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) links volunteers with social isolated seniors who are linguistically, culturally, gender or LGBTI+ diverse. These seniors might be living at home or in aged care facilities throughout the Perth Metropolitan area.
We ask that you are able to visit a minimum of once per fortnight however the amount of time spent during a visit is subject to your own availability. During this time you may decide to chat together, share a cup of tea, play a board game, go for a short walk in the garden, listen to music together or help write to their family.
Umbrella has 20 years experience working with volunteers. This program provides you with the opportunity to meet new people, gain working experience, attend new training for free, practice a language and make a difference in your community. We provide orientation and training (in-house and external, based on your needs), reimburse your travelling cost and pay for your police clearance(s).
If you have any queries please call Karla on 9275 4411