“The right training and experience make a candidate qualified. The right personality makes them excel.”
Imagine your grandmother or grandfather came into your care. Their care needs have increased over the years and it has come to the point they cannot manage daily tasks by themselves. What would you have to do to manage their care? What would you do to make sure they maintain a quality of life?
Our mission is to empower seniors to fully enjoy their Golden Years. We believe, language, gender identity, culture or financials should not be a barrier to access quality services. This vision for life-changing quality care is made a reality through the work of our dedicated support workers as they seek to meet the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of all who choose Umbrella Inc. Working at Umbrella Inc. offers challenging work, flexible hours, the possibility to combine work with study, lots of variety and most importantly the opportunity to change someone’s life.
Working at Umbrella Inc. is more than just a job – it means to belong to a caring and fun multicultural family.
Coordinator Home Care Packages
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our growing organisation with an immediate start. We are looking for a Coordinator Home Care Packages to support and assist the Community Aged Care Services team at our Ascot office.
We are looking for a full-time employee to work Monday to Friday. The opportunity is for an initial 12-month period with a possibility of extension.
Salary Range: $36.62 – $43.79 per hour
This position works within the Aged Care Services team to support clients’ quality of life and to maximize their independence. The role will include providing information to prospective clients, in-home client assessments, care planning, coordinating service delivery, client reviews and supervising direct care staff.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Qualification in health-related discipline, community services or social sciences
- Experience in coordination of Home Care Packages
- Understanding of the Aged Care Quality Standards
- Knowledge of Consumer Direct Care, including facilitating client involvement in decision making
- Demonstrated skills and experience in client assessment and reassessment and related documentation
- Ability to provide clear supervision to staff and work within a team environment
- High level of interpersonal and relationship building skills
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Preparedness to work within Umbrella’s Philosophy, Values and Mission
- Demonstrated ethical standards and values
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards
- Knowledge of diversity, access and equity issues for CaLD and LGBTI+ seniors
For any enquiries about the position, contact the Senior Manager, Community Aged Care Services, Jolanta Kacperek on (08) 9275 4411 or email email@example.com
Please submit your application addressing the Selection Criteria, together with your current resume and our Umbrella Employment Application Form to Cathy Sullivan, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing: Wednesday, 27 January 2021
Social Support Worker/Driver
Social Support Worker / Driver
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our growing organisation in Belmont with an immediate need for a casual Social Support Worker/Driver to work at least 2 days per week each week (negotiable) for the next 3 months initially, with a possibility of extension.
Our immediate need is for a suitable person who has basic computer skills and the ability to speak a language from:
- Former Yugoslav
Salary: $26.69 per hour
What’s in it for you?
- Immediate start
- Salary sacrificing
The position of Support Worker may involve a variety of duties depending on which service/s the client requires. The current opportunity is for a social support activities worker and driver. This will involve engaging and supporting the client in their day to day social support activities; and transporting clients safely to and from Umbrella premises and other specified locations. The position descriptions attached provide more information on the responsibilities and duties of the role.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Genuine interest in working with ageing clients from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) backgrounds and LGBTI backgrounds
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently
- Ability to work with clients in a group setting or individually
- Prepared to learn about the Aged Care Quality Standards and Umbrella’s policies and procedures
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Current National Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- LR licence and clean driving record with no pending penalties
- A qualification in Certificate III in Aged Care or Community Care
This is an opportunity for an individual to make a significant contribution to our organisation’s growth and to work in a dynamic, diverse community-based organisation.
For any enquiries about the position, contact the Robert Wilhelm, Senior Manager Social Support Programs & Transport on (08) 9275 4411.
How to apply
Applications addressing the Selection Criteria, current resume and our Umbrella Employment Form (can be found on our website) must be submitted by COB Friday 30 November 2020 to Cathy Sullivan, Senior Coordinator HR, email@example.com
Casual Home Support Workers
The position of Support Worker may involve a variety of duties depending on which service/s the client requires including domestic assistance or personal care duties, individual support such as shopping, respite or transport.
To be successful in this position, you will need to:
- Have a genuine interest in working with ageing clients from culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBT backgrounds;
- Be able to work independently in clients’ homes;
- Possess good written and oral communication skills;
- Hold a current driver’s licence and have access to reliable transport;
- Be physically fit to undertake the position duties;
- Speak language/s other than English (Polish, Italian, Russian, Macedonian, Former Yugoslavian are highly desirable);
- Hold a relevant aged care qualification (desirable); and
- Obtain a current national police clearance.
Umbrella currently have Polish speaking clients who need immediate assistance, so workers who speak Polish will be given a priority.
For more details download the Position Description here: PD Support Workers
To apply for this position with us, please complete an Umbrella Employment Application Form and email it and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXPAND YOUR HELPING HAND! (Volunteer Position)
The Best Facebook Resolution You Can Make This New Year’s.
Did you promise to yourself to have less Facebook or screen time this year? An average adult in Australia spends over 12 hours per fortnight looking at social media sites. That is a lot of time to spend on anything. So we have an answer to that! If you would like to reduce your screen time, use those ours to make a difference!
We are seeking reliable, skilled and/or experienced volunteers who are able to assist seniors (60+) become more confident in the use of Smart Phones; Tablets; Internet; Email; Skype; Word Processing and Spread Sheets. Tutoring is on a “one on one” basis at our Internet Cafe Drop In Hub where seniors from all cultural backgrounds can attend to solve IT related issues. Learners bring their own phones, computers and laptops. The ability to work in the programs listed above would be necessary. You will be also trained to provide basic information about the Aged Care system.
The program will run every Wednesday from 10 am to 3 pm at our Umbrella Belmont Office, 39 Abenerthy Road. People who are bilingual are highly encouraged to apply.
- Meet new people
- Learn a new skill, or build on existing ones
- Give back to the community
- Sense of personal satisfaction
- Gain valuable work experience
- Develop confidence and self-esteem
- The ability to work with frail/aged clients
- The ability to work one day a fortnight (3 hours)
- Solid understanding of operating and using computers, laptops and mobile phones
If you are interested in volunteering with our Hub, please contact Fiorda on 9275 4411 or e-mail email@example.com
Community Visitors Scheme Volunteer
Practice a language and Change someone’s life for the better
We are looking for people who speak: ITALIAN, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, SERBIAN, POLISH, UKRAINIAN, MALTESE, HINDI, MACEDONIAN, BURMESE, AND MANY OTHER LANGUAGES.
There are many elderly people from different ethnic backgrounds who are isolated in the community. You, as a volunteer, can change these people’s life for the better. So, if you have some spare time, and would like to make a new friend, talk to us today about volunteering in the Visiting Angels Program. This unique program is about linking volunteers with socially isolated people from culturally and linguistically diverse or gender diverse background who live at home or in aged care facilities throughout the Perth Metropolitan area.
We ask that you are able to visit a minimum of 2 hours per fortnight and spend time doing what you both enjoy. Perhaps, you can chat together, share a cup of tea, play a board game, go for a short walk in the garden, listen to music together or help write to their family.
Umbrella has a 16 years’ experience in working with volunteers. This program provides you with the opportunity to meet new people, gain working experience, attend new training for free, practice a language or to make a difference in your community. We provide orientation and training (in-house and external, depending on your needs), reimburse your travelling cost and we pay for your police clearances.
If you would like to join, please contact Karla,CVS Coordinator on 9275 4411 or firstname.lastname@example.org