The position of Support Worker may involve a variety of duties depending on which service/s the client requires including domestic assistance or personal care duties, individual support such as shopping, respite or transport.
Umbrella has the following pre-employment requirements for Support Workers:
- A First Aid certificate
- Satisfactory National Police Clearance (obtained in the past 3 months or willingness to obtain)
- Current Drivers Licence and registered vehicle
To be successful in this position, you will need to:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with clients and/or as part of a team.
- Prepared to work within Aged Care Quality Standards.
- Prepared to work within Umbrella’s Philosophy, Values and Mission.
- Demonstrated ethical standards and values.
- Qualification in Aged Care Services or Community Services or experience in the Aged Care sector (desirable)
- Knowledge of diversity, access, and equity issues for culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBTI+ seniors (desirable)
- The ability to speak a language other than English (desirable)
- Manual handling certificate (desirable)
Umbrella currently have Polish, Italian and Macedonian speaking clients who need immediate assistance, so workers who speak one of these languages will be given a priority.
For those applying with limited or no experience please see details and download the Position Description here: PD Support Workers Level 1
For those applying with qualifications in aged care, or have similar qualifications, or extended experience working within the industry please download the Position Description here: PD Support Workers Level 2
To apply for this position with us, please complete an Umbrella Employment Application Form and email it and your resume to email@example.com.