“Aged Care for All Under One Umbrella”
Working with Umbrella means you are part of a fun and caring multicultural family.
Umbrella provides services to seniors to assist them to remain living independently in their homes. Our service focus on the individual needs of the culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBTI+ communities.
An opportunity has become available to join our growing organisation with an immediate start. We are looking for a Compliance and Training Coordinator at our Belmont office.
This opportunity is for a full-time or part-time (4 days per week), there is flexibility in these working arrangements. The opportunity is for an initial 6-month period with a possibility of extension and/or permanency.
Salary: $46.91 – $48.99 per hour
This position is responsible for ensuring Umbrella Inc. is operating following the relevant and applicable government set standards including, the Aged Care Quality Standards, legislation and Governance Standards, policy and governance requirements of Umbrella Inc’s funded programs and the Umbrella Inc incorporation requirements.
This position has overall responsibility to ensure workers receive mandatory training in line with aged care industry standards.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Qualification in business management or related field or relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Aged Care Act, Privacy Act, and other relevant legislation.
- Demonstrated experience in training and adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated experience in quality management and compliance systems and frameworks.
- Experience in the community aged care sector with knowledge of relevant programs (Home Care Packages, Commonwealth Home Support Program and the Community Visitors Scheme).
- Knowledge and experience in conducting investigations for incidents and complaints.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Preparedness to work within Umbrella’s Philosophy, Values and Mission.
- Demonstrated ethical standards and values.
- Knowledge of diversity, access and equity issues for CaLD and LGBTI seniors.
- Current Drivers Licence.
This is an opportunity for an individual to make a significant contribution to Umbrella’s growth.
How to apply:
Attached is the Compliance and Training Coordinator Position Description outlining the responsibilities and position requirements for your information.
For any enquiries about the position, contact Juanita Doorey, Senior Projects Officer or Anna Harrison Chief Executive Officer on (08) 9275 4411.
Please provide your current CV or resume, fill out an Umbrella Employment Application form and information addressing the Selection Criteria (found in the Position Description), to Cathy Sullivan, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com
Closing date: applications must be submitted by COB Friday 23 July 2021