An exciting opportunity has become available to join our organisation with an immediate start. We are looking for a Coordinator, Global Village Hub to join our Community Engagement team at our Belmont office.
The aim of the Global Village Hub is to bring older people together, particularly those at risk of social isolation, to participate in a range of programs and to build stronger connections with their local community.
Salary: $42.94 per hour
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF OUR COMMUNITY HUB COORDINATOR:
Working as a team with the Senior Manager Communications and Engagement, this role supports day to day operations, activities and events at our Global Village Hub, for older people 55 years and over, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds or who identify as LGBTI+.
This role is varied and every day is different. You will need to be highly organised to manage and contribute to the fast pace and growth of our organisation.
Some of the areas you will be responsible for are providing a positive customer service experience to the members of the Hub and other stakeholders, coordinating bookings, program and event coordination, business development for the Hub and supporting volunteers.
WHO ARE YOU?
To be successful in this role, you will have a passion for supporting the older members of the community and genuine interest in designing programs and events that meet seniors needs. You will have strong administration and coordination skills, and intermediate to advanced computer skills is a must.
You will be dynamic in your approach and a team player who understands the value of collaboration. You will be able to quickly, effectively and proactively engage with stakeholders at all levels to help grow the Hub. Your strong organisational skills and attention to detail will ensure your success.
To enjoy Umbrella Inc.’s environment and culture, you will have a community focus, friendly and positive attitude. You will enjoy being an integral part of a fun and professional team.
- As a not for profit, Umbrella Inc. offers salary packaging and competitive salaries.
- Umbrella Inc. is a diverse organisation dedicated to learning and continuous improvement.
- Our preference is for a part-time employee to work 3 days a week (22.5 hours). The opportunity is for an initial 6-month period with a possibility of extension.
- Preparedness to work within Umbrella’s mission, vision and values;
- Well-developed program management skills, including developing work plans, program procedures, budgets and report writing.
- Experience in working with people in community settings
- Experience in working with volunteers and/ or of volunteering;
- Experience in engaging with people to co-design programs based on their preferences and interests;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with good public speaking and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in a language/s other than English;
- Experience in working with older people, including from diverse communities (CaLD and LGBTI+);
- Excellent general IT skills;
- Experience working with a steering committee or advisory group;
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends/public holidays;
- Current ‘C’ class driver’s licence.
This is an opportunity for an individual to make a significant contribution to this very innovative project.
How to apply
For any enquiries about the position, contact Juanita Doorey, Senior Project Officer, on (08) 9275 4411.
Please provide your current CV or resume, fill out an Umbrella Employment Application form and information addressing the Selection Criteria (found in the Position Description), to Cathy Sullivan, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Applications must be submitted by COB, Friday 1 October 2021