Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working in the Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) and with awesome volunteers supporting our elderly clients? If the answer is yes, keep reading…
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career developmental opportunities
- Making a difference in the lives of elderly clients
- Work in your local community
“Aged Care for All Under One Umbrella”
Working with Umbrella means you are part of a fun and caring multicultural family.
Umbrella Multicultural Community Care Services Inc. provides services to seniors to assist them to remain living independently in their homes. Our service focus on the individual needs of the culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBTI+ communities.
An opportunity has become available to join our growing organisation with an immediate start.
We are looking for a CVS & Volunteers Support Officer to work alongside the CVS & Volunteers Manager at our Belmont office. We are looking for a permanent part-time employee to work 3 days a week with flexibility in these working arrangements.
Salary: $29.12 per hour
This position is responsible for assisting the CVS & Volunteers Manager with the maintenance of the Community Visitor Scheme program and in maintaining information and records on volunteers. It also assists with the promotion and marketing of the CVS program and organising meetings and training for volunteers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Proven attention to detail and organisational skills
- Capacity to problem solve and offer innovative solutions
- Energy, enthusiasm and genuine commitment to volunteer services
- Ability to relate to and engage a range of people and stakeholders
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in spreadsheet and word processing
- Preparedness to work within Umbrella’s Philosophy, Values and Mission
- Demonstrated ethical standards and values
- Qualification in Aged Care Services or Community Services or experience in the Aged Care sector
- Knowledge of diversity, access, and equity issues for CaLD and LGBTI seniors
- Current Drivers Licence
This is an opportunity for an individual to make a significant contribution to Umbrella’s growth.
How to apply
Download the Position Description outlining the responsibilities and position requirements for your information.
For any enquiries about the position, contact Karla Benitez, CVS & Volunteers Manager on (08) 9275 4411.
Please provide your current CV or resume and information addressing the Selection Criteria (found in the Position Description), to Salma Shahata, Human Resources Coordinator, email@example.com
Closing date: applications must be submitted by COB Tuesday 17 May 2022 5PM however may close sooner.
The Government has made it mandatory for all colleagues in our industry to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to have received a Booster as soon as eligible, therefore all applicants must provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination certificate at the interview.