Department: Community Aged Care Services
· Flexible working arrangements
· Option to salary package
· Competitive salary on offer
“Aged Care for All Under One Umbrella”
Working with Umbrella means you are part of a fun and caring multicultural family.
Umbrella provides services to seniors to assist them to remain living independently in their homes. Our service focus on the individual needs of the culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBTI+ communities.
An opportunity has become available for a permanent full-time employee to join our growing organisation with an immediate start. We are looking for a Deputy CEO who will be responsible for providing support and guidance to the Community Aged Care Services Department. This position will be based in our Ascot Office.
This position is responsible for managing the overall performance of the Community Aged Care Services Department. Ensuring that all operations are conducted in a respectful and financially sustainable manner; that all decisions and actions comply with the relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
Oversees the viability of financial transactions, programs, and services implemented to support the Community Aged Care Services Department. It is also responsible for managing the policies and procedures, staff training, incident investigation, and compliance in relation to the Quality Aged Care Standards.
Participates in committees, network meetings, consultations and other management processes as required to support the CEO in the management of the organisation.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Relevant qualification or at least 5 years’ experience in the aged care sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Aged Care Act, Standards, Wellness principles and other relevant legislation.
- Management experience in the community aged care sector and knowledge of relevant programs (Home Care Packages, Commonwealth Home Support Program and the Community Visitors Scheme).
- Experience in financial and contract management.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, including negotiation skills.
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and planning skills.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting investigations for incidents and complaints.
- Preparedness to work within Umbrella’s Philosophy, Values and Mission.
- Demonstrated ethical standards and values.
- Knowledge of diversity, access and equity issues for CaLD and LGBTI seniors.
- Able to speak a language other than English.
- Current Drivers Licence.
This is an opportunity for an individual to make a significant contribution to Umbrella’s growth.
How to apply
Attached is the Position Description outlining the responsibilities and position requirements for your information.
For any enquiries about the position, contact Anna Harrison, CEO on (08) 9275 4411.
Please provide your current CV or resume, fill out an Umbrella Employment Application form and information addressing the Selection Criteria (found in the Position Description), to Cathy Sullivan, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: applications must be submitted by COB Friday 24 September 2021.