Department – Community Aged Care Services
“Aged Care for All Under One Umbrella”
Working with Umbrella means you are part of a fun and caring multicultural family.
Umbrella Multicultural Community Care Services Inc. provides services to seniors to assist them to remain living independently in their homes. Our service focus on the individual needs of the culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBTI+ communities.
An opportunity has become available to join our unique and growing organisation with an immediate start. We are looking for a Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) Officer to support and assist the Community Aged Care Services team at our Ascot office.
We are seeking a full-time employee to work Monday to Friday day, there is flexibility in these working arrangements. The opportunity is for an initial 12-month period with a possibility of extension and/or permanency.
Salary: $34.04 – $36.50 per hour
Option to salary package up to $15,990 reducing taxable income.
This position is required to support Umbrella’s service delivery programs, providing high quality of Assessment-Entry Points, networking with RASs and ACATs and assisting in the planning and ongoing review of direct services to Umbrella clients and potential clients.
The position also assists with providing information to prospective clients for both CHSP and Home Care Packages (HCP), undertaking care planning and client service reviews.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
1. Qualification in Individual Support (Ageing) or relevant community services qualification or equivalent experience
2. Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards
3. Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
4. Good interpersonal skills and ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team environment
5. Experience in using MS Word, Excel or similar software packages
6. Demonstrated organisational and planning skills
7. Preparedness to work within Umbrella’s Philosophy, Values and Mission
1. Knowledge of Umbrella’s programs and events
2. Knowledge of diversity, access and equity issues for CaLD and LGBTI seniors
3. Current Drivers Licence
This is an opportunity for an individual to work with a supportive management team to make a significant contribution to Umbrella’s growth.
How to apply
Attached is the Position Description outlining the responsibilities and position requirements for your information.
For any enquiries about the position, contact Diana Gifford, CHSP Coordinator on (08) 9275 4411.
Please provide your current CV or resume and information addressing the Selection Criteria, to Cathy Sullivan, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com
Closing date applications must be submitted by COB Wednesday 17 August 2022.