An exciting new opportunity has become available to join our growing organisation in Belmont with an immediate need for a casual Social Support Worker/Driver to work approximately 20 hours per week, must have availability to work every Thursday.
We are looking for a Hungarian speaking Support Worker/Driver (as requested by our clients). The suitable candidate must have a valid driver’s licence, basic computer skills, and the ability to speak English & Hungarian.
Salary: $28.83 per hour
What’s in it for you?
- Immediate start
- Flexible work arrangements
The position of Support Worker may involve a variety of duties depending on which service/s the client requires. The current opportunity is for a social support activities worker and driver. This will involve engaging and supporting the client in their day to day social support activities, and transporting clients safely to and from Umbrella premises and other specified locations. The position description in the link provides more information on the responsibilities and duties of the role.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Genuine interest in working with ageing clients from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) backgrounds and LGBTI backgrounds
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently
- Ability to work with clients in a group setting or individually
- Prepared to learn about the Aged Care Quality Standards and Umbrella’s policies and procedures
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Current National Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 years)
- PTD licence (or willing to obtain) and clean driving record with no pending penalties
- A qualification in Certificate III in Aged Care or Community Care
This is an opportunity for an individual to make a significant contribution to our organisation’s growth and to work in a dynamic, diverse community-based organisation.
For any enquiries about the position, please contact Robert Wilhelm, Senior Manager Social Support Programs & Transport on 9275 4411.
How to apply
Applications addressing the Selection Criteria, current resume and our Umbrella Employment Form (in the link) must be submitted by Friday 10 September 2021 5pm to Cathy Sullivan, HR Manager email@example.com