Umbrella provides services to seniors to assist them to remain living independently in their homes. Our service focus on the individual needs of the culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBTI+ communities. An opportunity has become available to join our growing organisation with an immediate start. We are looking for a Specialist Support Officer, Encompass Project
to support and assist with the new EnCompass: Multicultural Aged Care Connector Project at our Belmont office.
The opportunity is for a part-time employee to work 4 days a week, there is flexibility in these working arrangements. The opportunity is for an initial 6-month period with a possibility of extension.
Salary: $32.54 per hour
This position will assist the Manager Communications and Community Engagement to deliver the EnCOMPASS: Multicultural Aged Care Connector (EnCOMPASS) project including delivering relevant aged care information to culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) communities.
The objective of this project is to increase awareness of aged care services and assessment processes, enabling this to be done in a timely manner for those seeking assistance. It aims to build client voice, awareness of support pathways and reduce systemic barriers for seniors of CaLD backgrounds.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Preparedness to work within Umbrella’s mission, vision and values.
- A sense of humour and thrive in a fast-paced, small team environment.
- Well-grounded knowledge of the aged care system, including detailed knowledge of home care services and experience of gaining access to services through My Aged Care or the ability to obtain this knowledge.
- Understanding of the difficulties and barriers some people experience in finding out about and accessing aged care services, and how these difficulties may be overcome.
- Confident public speaking skills and the capacity to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people in a range of different community forums.
- Experience in providing individual support to people and families involved in difficult and complex circumstances.
- Ability to communicate with empathy to develop positive, empowering, and collaborative relationships to pursue a “solutions-focused” approach to our rights-based aged care advocacy.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Excellent general IT skills.
- Knowledge of diversity, access and equity issues for CaLD and LGBTI seniors
- Proficiency in one or several languages.
- Current Drivers Licence.
How to apply
Attached is the Specialist Support Officer Position Description outlining the responsibilities and position requirements for your information.
For any enquiries about the position, contact Henny Podgorska on (08) 9275 4411.
Please provide your current CV or resume, fill out an Umbrella Employment Application Form and information addressing the Selection Criteria (found in the Position Description), to Cathy Sullivan, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date applications must be submitted by COB Thursday 22 July 2021