Department – Community Aged Care Services
- Flexible working arrangements
- Option to salary package
- Competitive salary on offer
“Aged Care for All Under One Umbrella”
Working with Umbrella means you are part of a fun and caring multicultural family.
Umbrella provides services to seniors to assist them to remain living independently in their homes. Our service focus on the individual needs of the culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBTI+ communities.
An opportunity has become available to join our growing organisation with an immediate start. We are looking for a Senior HCP Coordinator to support, lead and assist the aged care services team at our Ascot office.
Our preference is for a permanent full-time employee to work 5 days a week, there is flexibility in these working arrangements.
Salary: $46.91 per hour
This position will work within the Home Care Packages team to support clients’ quality of life and to maximize their independence. The role will include providing information to prospective clients, in-home client assessments, care planning, coordinating service delivery, and client reviews.
The Senior Coordinator will work directly with the Manager to ensure all responsibilities of the coordination, planning and delivery of home-based community care services to Umbrella clients are met. This includes leading and mentoring the coordinators and direct care staff.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Qualification in health-related discipline, community services or social sciences
- Experience in coordination of Home Care Packages
- Understanding of the Aged Care Quality Standards
- Knowledge of Consumer Directed Care, including facilitating client involvement in decision making
- Demonstrated skills and experience in client assessment and reassessment and related documentation
- Experience in leading and supervising staff and working within a team environment
- Experience in administering training courses
- High level of interpersonal and relationship building skills
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Preparedness to work within Umbrella’s Philosophy, Values and Mission
- Demonstrated ethical standards and values
- Knowledge of diversity, access and equity issues for CaLD and LGBTI seniors
- Able to speak a language other than English
- Current Drivers Licence
This is an opportunity for an individual to make a significant contribution to Umbrella’s growth.
How to apply
Attached is the Position Description outlining the responsibilities and position requirements for your information.
For any enquiries about the position, contact Wayne Costello, Acting Manager Aged Care Services on (08) 9275 4411.
Please provide your current CV or resume, fill out an Umbrella Employment Application Form and information addressing the Selection Criteria (found in the Position Description), to Cathy Sullivan, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: applications must be submitted by COB Friday 1 October 2021.