Continue to receive the same high quality and award-winning care from the people you know and trust.
What is a Home Care Package?
Funded by the federal government, a Home Care Package is a coordinated package of services which assists older people who need support to stay safe and well at home. Services linked to the packages are tailored to the person’s individual care needs.
How does a Home Care Package work?
These are the steps you can take to find out about a Home Care Package:
- Contact Umbrella’s friendly staff on 9275 4411 or email us at email@example.com and have a confidential conversation about your circumstances, needs, and wishes.
- Meet with our friendly staff to further discuss your goals and priorities and learn more about how your package will work.
- Based on your goals and priorities and your chosen services, a care plan will be developed that supports your goals. (E.g. what service(s) will be delivered and when).
- Services will begin as soon as the paperwork is finalised (usually within a day).
- Services will be delivered based on your preferences noted in your care plan.
- Your care plan will be monitored and regularly reviewed to make sure it is suitable for your needs. You can contact us anytime and discuss possible changes when required.
There are four levels of Home Care Packages:
- Level 1 supports for basic care needs.
- Level 2 supports low-level care needs.
- Level 3 supports for intermediate care needs.
- Level 4 supports for high-level care needs.
About Umbrella Home Care Package Services
Umbrella will match you with a support worker who speaks your language, ensuring the service is not only genuinely personal and culturally harmonious but also stands the test of time.
Support workers take on the tasks that can seem overwhelming, such as cooking, laundry, cleaning and going shopping.
But we do more than that. We understand you want your loved one safe, loved, comfortable, enjoy companionship with someone who genuinely cares. And that’s who we are.
Because caring is our passion.
How can we help you?
We can help you by:
- Keeping your house clean and home maintenance.
- Maintaining your garden.
- Taking you shopping or doing the shopping for you.
- Personal care such as showering or grooming.
- Ongoing nursing care and assessments.
- medication prompts.
- Taking you to medical, official or personal appointments.
- Organising allied health services, including occupational therapy.
- Assistive technology, including equipment purchase or hire.
- Social support activities to maintain your connections
- Respite Care
- Travel (Transport assistance)
Choose Umbrella’s Home Care Package Service:
By choosing Umbrella’s services you will receive:
- the same trusted, reliable and high-quality service from the people you know.
- an immediate start of services
- tailored service to your needs
- competitive fees to existing Umbrella clients
- same friendly staff every time, every week, speaking your language
If you would like to know more about our services, please contact our friendly staff on 08 9275 4411 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
What services can I choose under my Home Care Package?
Clients have a variety of services to choose from under a Home Care Package, such as:
- home care and housekeeping (gardening, cleaning, window cleaning)
- personal care (including bathing, medication prompt and cultural meal preparation)
- transport to appointments
- social activities
- banking and shopping
- social support
- respite and much more
What is CDC?
Consumer Directed Care or CDC is a way of delivering home care package services. This approach allows seniors to have greater control over how their services are delivered. It recognises that people have managed their private business for their whole life and would like to continue to do so even when they require some extra help in some aspects. It allows seniors to make choices about the types of support they receive and how the money from their home care package budget is spent.
How many services can I choose under my Home Care Package?
You can choose as many services as you can fit within your Home Care Package budget. We will work with you to match the services you need with your Home Care Package budget. Every level of Home Care Package comes with an approved government subsidy which will determine the amount of service you can receive.
For more information about Home Care Package budget, please download our HCP Budgeting Tool from Our Resources page.